Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 20. Google 1

WHAT: We learned in class about Google and the different tools available to use.  We learned about Google calendar, documents, forms, and how to navigate around those different features.

SO WHAT: As a future teacher this information is very useful and helpful.  Even as a student right now, I think it's awesome and really want to take advantage of these free tools.  I loved the google calendar, and as a student and future teacher feel that this can be very useful.  It will allow me to keep things organized and remember what I have due when.  As a teacher, this will be nice because I can put class projects, due dates, activities, on this calendar and have it available where ever I am.  I am also loving the google docs.  I learned about it last semester, but didn't fully understand what a benefit and awesome tool it is.  I am using it for this class, as well as a different class.  It's very convenient and easier then having to hunt each other down to pass information along.  I also loved the translator. So cool!

NOW WHAT: I covered this a little bit in my so what, but as a teacher, google will be a very useful tool.  Some idea's I've had as I've been learning about google, is I want to have a class website where I will post all the assignments and homework helps and any other useful information that students/parents may have.  I think the google doc can be a neat tool in having students work in groups.  If I teach them how it works it can allow them to work with other students easier, because they won't have to worry about working with their parents to get rides to meet, and it will make it easier on the parents.  A class blog would be fun to keep to so parents and students can keep track of what we've been doing in class.  I'd post pictures of completed assignments, field trips, etc, so the students can feel connected.  It may even be something some of the students could take charge of, sort of like an online yearbook.  I feel that these tools we have through google will be extremely beneficial as a future teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment